Sirloin Strips with Marsala Sauce
- Yield: 2 servings
Serve with rice or pasta to take advantage of the wonderful sauce.
- 1/2 to 3/4pound sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1cup beef broth
- 2tablespoons Marsala cooking wine
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme leave
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- Brown steak over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet and make sure to stir for 5-7 minutes. Remove steak and set aside.
- Add olive oil and onions to skillet, then toss in mushrooms and garlic, cooking for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Top with flour and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add broth in gradual additions, making sure to consistently stir.
- Bring to boil, and cook until thickened. Combine marsala and thyme, and add seasoning to taste.
- Return to boil, add steak, continue cooking until done. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 259
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 42mg
- Sodium 247mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 26g