Sirloin Strips with Dijon Mushroom Sauce
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
The rich sauce with its slight Dijon flavor will delight your family.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick, trimmed of fat, and cut into strips
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook meat until brown, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat from pan. Coat pan again with cooking spray and add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Saute until vegetables are tender and meat is done, about 5 minutes. Add cream of mushroom soup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and cook another 5 minutes. Serve over rice.