Sirloin and Vegetable Kebabs
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4teaspoons whole coriander seeds, finely ground
- 4teaspoons anise seeds, finely ground
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon ground paprika
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2cup olive oil
- -- Salt
- 1 1/2pounds boneless sirloin steak, fat trimmed, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 20small white button mushrooms (10-ounces)
- 12-- red pearl onions (3 ounces), peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill or grill pan until hot.
- Place ground coriander and anise seeds in a medium bowl. Add garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper and 1/4 cup olive oil. Season marinade with salt and stir until combined. Add sirloin cubes and stir to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine mushrooms, onions and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Divide steak among four skewers; thread, leaving 1/2 inch between each cube.
- Divide vegetables among another four skewers; thread. Grill the sirloin kebabs until well browned and medium rare, and grill the vegetable kebabs until glistening, tender and slightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes for both. Serve on the skewers.