Simply Salmon Pasta
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (9-ounce) package spinach tortellini
- 1 (12-ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 8ounces salmon filets
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4teaspoon sugar
- 1cup canned fat-free chicken broth
- 2/3cup evaporated skim milk
- 1cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2cup chopped green onions
- 1teaspoon dried dill weed leaves
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil tortellini for 10 minutes in a large pot. Then add bowtie pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and sugar.
- Cook salmon over medium-high heat with the skin side down in a nonstick skillet.
- Turn to other side and cook until done. Remove skin before cutting into cubes.
- Add chicken broth and evaporated milk to skillet and bring to a boil before reducing heat and cooking 7-10 minutes. Liquid should adequately reduce.
- Toss in peas and green onions and cook until tender.
- Combine with pasta, dill and cheese. Gently toss ingredients then add in salmon.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 298
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 269mg
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Protein 18g