Simple Tomato Sauce
- Yield servings
This easy-to-make tomato sauce is very multipurpose and can be used as a sauce on pastas or easily transformed into tomato basil soup or gazpacho.
- 1 -- onion, chopped
- 1 -- small carrot, grated or red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 -- super ripe, juicy tomatoes, crushed (about 12 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- -- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -- large cloves crushed garlic
- -- handful chopped, fresh basil
- Saute the onions and carrot or red pepper in olive oil.
- Add crushed tomatoes. Simmer about 35 minutes or until thick.