Simple Grilled Fish
- Yield 4 servings
A go-to recipe for fish on the grill.
- 4 -- grouper fillets, 1 inch thick (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- -- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 6 to 8 -- cilantro leaves, cut into thin strips
- -- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Rinse fillets, pat dry and place in a shallow dish. Rub fillets with olive oil, drizzle with soy sauce and orange juice and sprinkle with cilantro. Turn the fillets to coat, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Prepare grill or heat a grill pan over medium heat until hot. Remove fillets from the marinade, reserving marinade. Season with salt and pepper and grill for 4 minutes, brushing with reserved marinade. Turn fillets onto a sheet of aluminum foil and grill for an additional 4 minutes, spooning marinade over them as they cook, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily. Serve immediately with Roasted Corn Salsa. Serves 4.
Recipe from Fresh Every Day: More Great Recipes From Foster’s Market by Sara Foster with Carolynn Carreno, C 2005. Used by permission of Clarkson Potter Publishers