Goat Cheese-Stuffed Fresh Figs
- Yield 24 pieces
Sweet, juicy figs are topped with goat cheese and a drizzle of honey for an easy appetizer.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 fresh black mission or green figs, cut in half lenghtwise
- 4 tablespoons mild goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sherry or balsamic vinegar
- Place olive oil in a nonstick skillet and heat over medium heat. Place fig halves, cut side down, in pan and cook 1 minute until lightly browned. Remove pan from heat and transfer figs to a plate.
- Divide goat cheese among the figs halves and lightly press the cheese into the cut side of the fig using a teaspoon. Sprinkle walnuts over the fig halves. Drizzle with honey and vinegar. Serve at room temperature.