Simple Fried Rice
- Yield 2 servings
Toss any vegetables you have into this stir-fry mix.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice, at room temperature
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten and scrambled
- Heat oils in a large saute pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, celery, tofu and peas. Cook 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add cooked rice, scallions and soy sauce. Combine well and add eggs, if using, just before serving.