Simple Asparagus Saute
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Finger food for parties, or side dish for dinner.
Blanching fresh vegetables in boiling water takes the hard edge off and keeps vibrant color--a perfect technique to use when preparing crudités. Choose medium-size spears for this recipe, as pencil-thin spears won't hold up.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add asparagus; cook about 3 minutes. Plunge asparagus immediately into a large bowl of ice water. Drain.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Add asparagus, remaining salt and black pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon rind.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.