Silken Chocolate Pie with Vegan Chocolate Crust
- Yield: 10 servings
To make this pie completely vegan, substitute agave syrup for the honey in the filling.
- 16 to 18 Nabisco Teddy Grahams
- 2 to 3tablespoons melted margarine
- 2cups semisweet chocolate chips (like Ghiradelli 60%)
- 1/3cup coffee liqueuer (like Kahlua)
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) block silken tofu
- 1tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To make crust, place graham cookies in a food processor and pulse to form fine crumbs. Combine with melted margarine and press into a 9-inch pie pan. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool before filling.
- To make filling, melt chocolate chips and liqueur in double boiler or microwave. Stir in vanilla.Combine tofu, chocolate mixture and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth and liquefied.
- Pour filling into crust and refrigerate 2 hours or until filling is set.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and the Third Thursday Potluck Club
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 320
- Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 6g