Chicken Caesar Pitas
- Yield: servings
- 1whole Chicken Breast boneless & skinless (about 1 lb)
- 2tablespoons + 1/4 cup Light Caesar Dressing divided
- -- A few twists freshly cracked Pepper
- 1/4teaspoon dried Italian Herbs
- 1/4teaspoon Chile Pepper Flakes
- -- Cooking Spray
- 4-- Pita Breads
- 4cups pre washed Romaine Salad Blend
- 1large Tomato sliced
- 1/2-- Avocado peeled & sliced into 8 slices
- Optional sides and garnishes: Baked chips, mini carrots, radishes, celery sticks, baby dill pickles, olives, parsley sprigs, etc.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Cut Chicken Breast down the middle to separate the two halves. Cutting across the width of each breast, cut into 1/2" strips. In a medium size bowl combine Chicken with 2 Tablespoons Dressing, Pepper, Herbs and Chile Pepper Flakes. Mix to combine well and coat all pieces with dressing and spices.
Spray a baking sheet with Cooking Spray. Lay Chicken strips on baking sheet side by side – not touching. Spray tops lightly with Cooking Spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink at the center.
Cut top 1" off each Pita Bread. Spray a large (10-12") non-stick skillet with Cooking Spray. Over medium heat, warm each Pita Bread for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side. Stack on plate. Cover with clean kitchen towel to keep warm until Chicken is done.
To assemble, place 1 cup Salad in each Pita Bread. Top each with 1/4 of the Chicken. Slide a couple of Tomato slices into the side, between the chicken and the bread. Place 2 Avocado slices on top of each and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon dressing.
Enjoy with any or all of the optional sides and garnishes.
My family LOVES this dish. It is perfect for a quick, healthy and satisfying lunch or supper. The chicken stays moist. This is my definition of "fast food" without all the extra fat, sodium and calories. My husband aptly renamed this dish from Caesar Chicken Pita to Sieze Your Chicken Pita!