- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 13 mins
Mild white fish fillets on a bed of caponata.
Leftover caponata makes this dish extraordinary, but you can use the jarred or canned variety instead. Use any mild white fish fillets in this dish. Boxed couscous with toasted pine nuts soaks up the savory sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (8-ounce) jars caponata (eggplant relish)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 1/2 pounds tilapia or other white fish fillets
- 1 (10-ounce) package baby spinach leaves (4 cups, packed)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven or large deep skillet over medium heat; add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add caponata, broth and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Place fish in pan. Press lightly to submerge in the sauce. Cover with spinach. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cover and cook until the fish is opaque in the center, about 8 minutes.
Recipe by Sharon Sanders