Shrimps Mojito Tapas
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2cloves garlic
- 3/4cup fresh mint
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro leaves only
- 1/8teaspoon sea salt
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons finely minced red bell peppers
- 1/2large Spanish onion, quartered
- 1tablespoon pickling spice, wrapped and tied in cheesecloth
- 1bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 12-- large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2cups frisee lettuce, washed and roughly chopped
- 6large radicchio leaves
- Combine in a blender the honey, lemon juice, garlic, mint, cilantro leaves and salt. Pulse until bended. Drizzle in the oil. Fold in the red peppers. Refrigerate.
- In a large pot, combine the onion, pickling spice and chopped cilantro with 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes to flavor the water. Add the shrimp, cover and cook for about 3 1/2 minutes until the shrimp are cooked. Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and plunge them into an ice bath until they cool. Drain the shrimp.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with ½ of the dressing and in another bowl, toss the frisee with the other half of the dressing. Place the radicchio leaves on chilled plates. Fill each leaf half way with frisee and top with 2 shrimp each.