Shrimp with Potatoes
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This combination of shrimp with potatoes is scrumptious.
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes, hot pepper sauce, and salt and pepper in a large pot and add enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook 25 minutes, or until tender. Let cool slightly, peel, chop coarsely, and place in a 2-quart oblong casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute green onions, mushrooms, garlic and shrimp until shrimp turn pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Scrape shrimp mixture on top of potatoes. Sprinkle with Cheddar and bake 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.