Shrimp with Oranges and Pasta
- Yield 6 servings
With the hint of Brie cheese and oranges, this dish is truly memorable.
- 1 (16-ounce) package mostaccioli, ziti, or any other tubular pasta
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 oranges, separated into segments
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, cut into chunks
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain; set aside.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion, jalapeno, shrimp and garlic until shrimp are done, 5 to 8 minutes. Add orange juice, orange segments and basil, stirring well. Cook just until hated through. Toss pasta with shrimp sauce and add Brie, stirring gently, until cheese is melted.