Shrimp with Honey Cream Sauce and Spinach Pasta
- Yield 4 servings
Spinach fettuccine makes a colorful bed for sauteed shrimp.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup diced, seeded and peeled fresh plum tomatoes or diced drained canned plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound spinach fettuccine, cooked and drained
- -- Basil sprigs, for garnish, optional
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and shallots, tossing lightly, until shrimp are just opaque. Remove shrimp and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan; boil until liquid is reduced by half, stirring and scraping sides of pan. Add cream and reduce heat to medium; cook until slightly thickened. Add honey, tomatoes and chopped basil; stir to blend.
- Return shrimp to sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.