Shrimp with Arugula and Penne Pasta
- Yield: 6 servings
"As a registered nurse living in Manhattan with a miniature galley, one or two pot dishes, simple and healthy, were shared and enhanced. I ended up with this delicious combination."
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, olive oil
- 2pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2cup sliced of dry or jarred sundried tomatoes
- 2tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2bunches arugula
- 1 1/2tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1pound penne pasta, cooked
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet; add shrimp, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Saute 2 minutes. Add sundried tomatoes and shallots. Saute another 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp is pink. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Add arugula, remaining olive oil and lemon juice to shrimp mixture. Fold in cooked pasta.
Recipe by JoAnn Geary, Whispering Pines, N.C.