Shrimp, Tortellini and Broccoli Soup
- Yield 11 servings
This delicious broth-based soup with shrimp, tortellini, broccoli and a subtle hint of ginger is cooked together in one pot.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (9-ounce) package chesse tortellini
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pound small peeled shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté onion and garlic over medium heat. Combine with broth and ginger and allow ingredients to boil.
- Toss in tortellini, broccoli and shrimp. Return to boil, before reducing heat and cooking an additional 10-15 minutes. Shrimp should be pink and tortellini tender. Season to taste.