- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Here's a quick and easy recipe for a delicious entree.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 pound (or more) shrimp, peeled
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 3/4 package (8-ounce) dry spaghetti (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet saute onion in margarine. Add shrimp and mushrooms and cook until shrimp is pink. Remove from heat.
- Mix flour, mayonnaise, salt, milk, and sherry in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened slightly. Mix with shrimp and cooked spaghetti. Add parsley. Spread in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Thirty minutes before serving place in 350F oven. Heat until bubbly, (about 30 minutes).
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Newnan Junior Service League’s A Taste of Georgia; Another Serving (Junior Service League, Newnan, Ga., 1994).