Shrimp Stir-Fry with Toasted Pecans
- Yield 4 servings
This is a great last-minute dish that has a super flavor with the touch of pecans. Serve over rice.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 -- (6-ounce) package frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup green onions
- In a microwave safe dish, cook the broccoli, covered with 1/2 cup water for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, cornstarch, and ginger until mixed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the garlic and red pepper for a few minutes. Add the shrimp and broth mixture and continue stirring and cooking until the shrimp are done and the sauce thickens. Add the broccoli, pea pods, pecans and green onions. Cook 1 minute longer or until well heated.