Shrimp, Spinach, Tomato and Goat Cheese Frittata
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 25 mins
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tomatoes or diced canned tomatoes
- 1 dash Ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 large shrimp (16 to 20 count), sliced in half crosswise
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, Ancho chili powder and chopped basil. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil. Season shrimp with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. When oil is hot, place shrimp in pan and sauté 1 minute. Add shallot and sauté 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Spread shrimp and spinach mixture evenly in skillet. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Use a spatula to lift shrimp and spinach mixture, allowing egg mixture to flow underneath. Sprinkle goat cheese on top. Once the frittata is set on the bottom, transfer to oven and bake 13 to 15 minutes, until puffy and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before cutting into wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Marvin Woods and Trailblazing Productions, LLC.