Shrimp, Spinach and Pasta Salad
- Yield 6 servings
This is a wonderful salad if you're short on time, and if you buy your shrimp already cooked and peeled, it's even quicker. Try the Poppy Seed Dressing over fruit salad.
- Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 (12-ounce) package tricolored rotini
- 1 pound large shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach, stemmed and torn into pieces
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- To prepare the dressing: In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, honey, lemon juice and poppy seeds, mixing well. Makes 1 cup.
- To prepare the salad: Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting the oil and salt. Drain and combine with the shrimp, green onions and spinach. Toss to coat with the Poppy Seed Dressing.