Shrimp Skillet Supper
- Yield 8 servings
This quick-and-easy casserole is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 -- eggs
- 1 -- (7-ounce) package yellow corn bread mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- -- Hot red pepper sauce to taste
- 1 -- onion, finely chopped
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon to paper towels to drain, reserving the drippings in the skillet. Place the reserved dripping in the skillet in a 375F oven. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until light. Add the corn bread mix, milk, butter, hot sauce, onion, spinach, shrimp and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and mix well. Pour into the hot bacon drippings. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Assistance League of the Bay Area’s Settings to Sunset, A Medley of Flavors, Tastes and Styles for the Gulf Coast (Houston, Texas 2007).