Shrimp Scampi with White Beans
- Yield: 4 servings
Chicken may be substituted for the shrimp. Cook the chicken first in the skillet in the oil and proceed with recipe adding asparagus.
- 1pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 1/2cups coarsely chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can Great Northern beans, or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2pound spinach fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil over medium heat and saute asparagus and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Toss in shrimp and cook for 3 minutes until shrimp turn pink. Combine with tomatoes and beans, cooking another 3 minutes. Tomatoes should be tender.
- Combine chicken broth and cornstarch and stir in skillet.
- Thicken sauce on medium heat and stir frequently. Add basil and season to taste.
- Serve over a bed of fettucine and garnish with cheese.