Shrimp Po’ Boy from Kikkoman
- Yield 4 servings
A Louisiana favorite, Shrimp Po' Boys are topped with a spicy remoulade sauce.
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 French rolls, split and opened, leaving one side attached
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- Rémoulade Sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Combine butter and garlic; brush on rolls and toast in the oven until lightly browned.
- Heat oil to 360F in deep fryer or heavy 2-quart saucepan. Mix flour and Creole seasoning. Bread shrimp by dipping first into flour mixture, then into eggs; roll in panko. In batches, fry shrimp in hot oil until golden brown. Spread rémoulade sauce on rolls; top with shrimp and lettuce.
To make Rémoulade Sauce, mix together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Ponzu Sauce, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, 1 tablespoon pickle relish, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Makes 3/4 cup.
Recipe courtesy of Kikkoman.