Shrimp Pesto Linguine
- Yield 4 servings
Shrimp pesto linguine will make any weeknight dinner taste special.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounce) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce (purchased or homemade)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound shrimp or crab-flavored surimi seafood, flake-style; or a mixture of both products
- 8 to 10 ounces dried linguine, broken in half and cooked according to directions
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the peas, pesto sauce, pepper and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add the shrimp or surimi seafood and cook until thoroughly heated. Divide the linguine among 4 bowls or shallow plates. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss gently. Sprinkle with parsley.