Shrimp Pear Pasta Salad
- Yield 6 servings
Seafood, fruit and pasta are a combination hard to beat.
Add the dressing just before serving; this salad absorbs the dressing.
- Dill Dijon Dressing:
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- -- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 8 ounces rotini (spiral) pasta
- 2 -- fresh pears, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 -- green onions (scallions), chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled
- -- Dill Dijon Dressing
- -- Lettuce leaves
- To prepare the dressing: Combine the yogurt, mustard, dill and hot pepper sauce, blending well.
- To prepare the salad: Prepare the pasta according to the package directions omitting any oil and salt. Drain. Combine the pasta, pears, peppers, onions and shrimp in a large bowl. Toss with the Dill Dijon Dressing. Line a salad bowl with lettuce; top with the pasta mixture and serve immediately.