Shrimp Pasta Salad
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
'This salad was always a treat for our girls when they came home from college to visit.'
- 1 (7-ounce) package small pasta shells
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas
- 10ounces frozen, cooked shrimp, thawed
- 6medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon prepared horseradish sauce
- 1teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain in a colander and run under cold water for 20 seconds; drain well. Combine the pasta, peas, shrimp, radishes, bell pepper, onion, and pimiento in a bowl; mix well.
- Mix the mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, and seasoned salt in a small bowl. Add to the shrimp mixture and toss gently to coat completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours to overnight.
Recipe by Dorothea Ableidinger, New Prague, Minn.