Shrimp Mousse Appetizer
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1can tomato soup, undiluted
- 6ounces cream cheese softened
- 3cans medium shrimp, drained
- 1envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1/2cup finely chopped celery
- 1small finely chopped onion
- Grease a 1 quart plastic mold or container with either oil spray or vegetable oil. Make sure it is well coated. A new plastic container works better than an old one.
- In small bowl combine the gelatin with 1/4 cup of water. Let it soften. In medium saucepan over low heat, whisk the undiluted soup with the softened gelatin until gelatin is melted and combined – usually have to bring to a slow boil. Mix the softened cream cheese a little to lighten it up. Remove the saucepan from heat and add the softened cream cheese and mayo and whisk until cheese is melted and everything is smooth (a few lumps here and there is okay). Add the shrimp, celery and onion and stir to combine.
- Put mixture into prepared mold and cover with plastic wrap or lid. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. On a serving plate invert the mold – it should slide right out. If it does not come right out place the bottom of the mold into some hot water to loosen it. You can also run a sharp knife around the edges.
- Serve with crackers and raw veggies.