- Yield 30 servings
A tasty little appetizer to serve to your guests.
- Quiche Shells:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Quiche Mixture: Shrimp
- 30 small fresh shrimp, steamed and peeled
- 1 -- extra large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, or 1 /12 tsp. fresh dill
- 1 2/3 ounces Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- To prepare the shells. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine sour cream and butter, beating until smooth.
- Add flour and mix well. Shape dough into 30 1-inch balls.
- Place in a lightly greased 1 3/4-inch muffin pans; shape into shells. Prick bottom and sides of pastry shells with fork.
- Bake at 400F for 5 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- To prepare the quiche mixture. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place one shrimp in each shell.
- Combine egg, cram Brandy, salt, pepper and dill, dividing evenly among shells, about 2 teaspoons each.
- Slice cheese into 30 small triangles and place one on each appetizer.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or until set.
- Cool. Remove from tins; freeze in foil. To reheat, place frozen appetizers on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 7 to 10 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from theAssociation of Junior Leagues International’sTidewater on the Half Shell (Norfolk, Va., 1985).