Shrimp in Spicy Garlic Sauce with Pasta
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound Medium or Large Shrimp
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 packet Goya Sazon
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed or diced garlic
- 1/2 whole lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 16 ounces box penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon sauce from shrimp
- Peal and de-vein shrimp( keep tails on)
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towel and toss with old bay seasoning. Set aside
- Boil water for pasta.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Toss in onions and green peppers. Let cook 1 minute.
- Stir in Paprika, Chile Powder, Packet of Sazon and Oregano and olives. Stir and Cook for 30 seconds.
- When pasta in done cooking, drain, and toss with 1 tablespoon sauce from large skillet. Set aside.
- Layer shrimp on top of sauce mixture in skillet and throw garlic on top of shrimp.
- Let cook one minute and squeeze juice of half lemon over shrimp/garlic.
- Let cook another two minutes then turn all shrimp over.
- Cover and cook another two minutes until all shrimp are pink and stir.
- Garnish with cilantro
- To serve: Place 2 spoonfuls pasta on plate and place 2 spoonfuls shrimp in sauce over pasta.