Shrimp in Basil Butter
- Yield 4 servings
This is a tasty pasta dish that your family is going to love.
- 1/4 cup torn gresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces fresh linguini or angel hair pasta
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- -- Butter for sauteing
- Combine the basil, 1 1/2 cups butter, garlic, salt, pepper and cheese in a food processor and process until smooth. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 3 days. Cook the pasta using the package directions. Saute the shrimp in butter in a large skillet for 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. Toss the butter mixture with the shrimp and pasta in a large bowl.
Recipe reprinted with permission from South Carolina Outdoor Press Association’s Wild Fare and Wise Words (Columbia, South Carolina, 2005).