Shrimp Fra Diavolo
- Yield 4 servings
A classic Italian shrimp dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium/large shrimp, peeled, uncooked
- 1 -- (26 ounce) jar prepared marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- -- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- Rinse shrimp and drain in a colander, reserve. In a large pot, boil water for pasta.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and reduce heat to low. Saute garlic until soft. Add shrimp and cook uncovered for approximately 5 minutes on each side, until shrimp turns pink. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a separate saucepan, heat marinara sauce and season to taste with crushed red pepper. Add shrimp to marinara sauce and keep warm.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for three minutes. Drain pasta and place in serving dish. Top with shrimp and marinara sauce.
Bob & Joe's Smart Seafood Guide, A Practical Look at Seafood.