Shrimp for a Small Kitchen (Shrimp with Capers, Lemon and Feta)
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- -- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 to 2 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or basil, plus additional for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Stir in shrimp, feta, lemon juice, capers, salt and pepper.
- Continue stirring over heat until shrimp become just opaque and sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add cilantro or basil and stir to combine.
Recipe adapted with permission from Melissa Clark’s In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite (Hyperion, 2010).