- Yield: 10 servings
- 4-- (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 3pounds shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined (do not overcook, would be better to undercook) (3 lbs. before cooking)
- 1/2cup butter
- 1/2cup flour
- 3cups milk
- 1cup dry white wine
- 1/2cup onion, chopped
- -- Salt, pepper and paprika
- 2cups (8-ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray large pyrex dish with nonstick cooking spray. Thaw and drain spinach well. Spread spinach in pan. Top with shrimp.
- In a saucepan melt butter, stir in flour. Then gradually add milk, wine and onions. Cook, stirring constantly over low heat, until sauce bubbles and thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste and enough paprika for a rosy color. Pour sauce over shrimp. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Note: To cook shrimp, boil 3 to 4 minutes, depending on size, just until flesh begins to turn white.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Enid’s Stir Ups (Enid, Oklahoma, 1982).