- Yield 8 servings
The cheesy reduced-fat sauce makes this fettuccine dish a real winner.
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the shrimp, onion, green pepper, parsley, mushroom and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in the flour. Gradually add the evaporated milk, stirring until thickened. Add the cheese and green onions, stirring until the cheese is melted and shrimp is done. Toss with the pasta.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.