shrimp , feta & olives
- Yield: 4
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes, exclusive of boiling water
- 1pound raw medium or large deveined shrimp
- 6cloves garlic minced
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 14ounces pastene can italian small whole tomatoes (reserve juice)
- 4pieces fresh basil leaves (torn)
- 2.5ounces can sliced black pearl olives (drained)
- 4ounces feta cheese crumbled
- dash hot pepper flakes
- 1/2pound pastene spinach fettucine noodles
- 1pinch salt
- 1pinch black pepper
Saute garlic and olive oil in a large skillet. Add raw shrimp and juice from can of small italian tomatoes. Add reserved tomatoes, basil leaves and olive slices. Add salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp turn pink; do not overcook shrimp or tomatoes, which should remain whole. Total estimated time 15 minutes.
In a separate pan of boiling water. Add spinach fetuccine noodles cook accordining to directions.
Serve shrimp, tomatoe and olive mixture over each serving of spinach fettucine noodles. Top each plate with 1/4 amount (1 oz.) feta cheese and hot red pepper flakes.