- Yield: 2 servings
- 2quarts water
- 1 to 2teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer, optional
- 2tablespoons seafood seasoning such as Old Bay
- 2medium red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1pound turkey kielbasa or lean smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut in half
- 1pound raw, unpeeled large shrimp
- Cocktail sauce, optional
- Melted butter, optional
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Combine water, salt, beer, if using, and seafood seasoning in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil. Add potatoes and onion; cook over high heat 8 minutes. Add sausage and cook over high heat 5 minutes. Add corn and boil 7 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cook 4 minutes, or until opaque in the center. Drain well and ladle into large bowls. Serve with cocktail sauce, melted butter and lemon wedges, if desired. Serves 2.
—Joe Bradford, Sea Island, Ga.