Shrimp Dip with Bell Pepper
- Yield 10 servings
"My husband started a New Year's Eve tradition when we married. We often enjoy Shrimp Dip with crackers by candlelight, and much later, we have a broiled lobster dinner. We always have enough dip left for New Year's Day."
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours to allow flavors to blend. Serve with crackers or hearty chips.
Recipe by Sue Thomas, Canyon, Texas