- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep: 8 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
- 12 ounces frozen shrimp scampi
- 1/2pound linguini, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 14.5ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (add more or less to taste)
- 1/3cup shredded Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Cook linguini according to package directions until al dente.
- Saute shrimp in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Scoop shrimp out of pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Return pan with scampi sauce to stove and turn heat up to medium high. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes (including juice), wine, Italian seasoning, and red pepper to onions. Bring mixture to a low rolling boil. Boil mixture for seven minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp to pan with tomato sauce and continue sauteing for three minutes. Add cooked linguini and toss to coat and serve with shredded Parmesan, if desired.
This recipe originally appeared as Shrimp Diavolo Pasta on Seapak.com.