Shrimp Deluxe Pizza
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
No need to order out for pizza when you can easily have hot-out-of-the-oven pizza in the comfort of your own home.
Shrimp and a great assortment of my favorite fresh ingredients make this an amazing pizza. For a vegetarian pizza, simply omit the shrimp.
- 1 (12-inch) thin pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound medium peeled shrimp, seasoned and cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced, or 1 cup shredded, part-skim, mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven 400F. Coat crust with oil and garlic. Sprinkle with basil.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté mushrooms about 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, stirring until wilted.
- Evenly spoon spinach mixture over crust and top with remaining ingredients. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.
Note: Fresh mozzarella cheese has a different texture and taste than packaged mozzarella cheese. It is slightly higher in fat but I think it is worth the flavor.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.