Shrimp Curry Butter Canapes
- Yield: 30 pieces
- 1pound small-medium shrimp, peeled (approximately 30 shrimp)
- -- Salt, for water and for sprinkling
- 2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2teaspoon ground coriander
- 30-- Melba toast rounds
- -- Ground white pepper for sprinkling
- 2-- finely chopped chives, for sprinkling
- Boil 2 cups of water; add shrimp, salt, and lemon juice. Cook covered for 3-5 minutes, until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Drain and chill.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, curry powder, and coriander. Blend well; spread butter on toast and top with a shrimp. Sprinkle with salt, white pepper, and chopped chives.