Shrimp, Corn and Chile Soup
- Yield 8 servings
This creamy low-fat soup is so easy it practically makes itself.
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and coarsely, or small peeled shrimp
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Puree tomatoes and green chiles in food processor.
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and mix. Gradually add pureed tomatoes and chiles and water, stirring to blend well. Add shrimp, frozen corn and cream-style corn. Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat, and continue cooking, strirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Add green onions and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.