Shrimp Casserole with Rotini Pasta
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1large onion, chopped
- 1-- green bell pepper, chopped
- 2pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1-- (10 3/4-ounce) can golden mushroom soup
- 1-- (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- 1teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2cup sliced green onions
- 1-- (12-ounce) package rotini pasta
- In a large pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion and bell pepper over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, mushrooms and garlic, sauteing until shrimp are done and the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add parsley, soup and cream cheese, stirring until cream cheese is melted. Add hot sauce and green onions.
- Meanwhile, cook rotini according to package directions, omitting oil and salt. Drain and add pasta to shrimp mixture, tossing to mix well.