- Yield: 6 servings
- 8ounces cooked small or salad-size shrimp
- 4-- ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1loaf Italian bread
- Preheat oven broil. Rinse shrimp and let drain in colander. In a mixing bowl, combine tomoatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, black pepper, basil and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Slice bread 1/4 inch thick, brush with olive oil and toast under broiler until lightly brown. Remove from oven. Spoon shrimp mixture on top of toasted bread and serve immediately.
Reprinted with permission from Bob & Joe's Smart Seafood Guide, A Practical Look at Seafood.