- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Any leftover grilled meat or chicken works great in this simple sandwich.
- 1 -- (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 3/4 pound grilled peeled shrimp
- 1/2 cup shreddd reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Slice a loaf of French bread in half lengthwise. Scoop out one side. Fill with shrimp and top with cheese. Arrange tomato slices on top . Top with other half of bread. Wrap bread in foil and bake until well heated and cheese is melted about 15 to 20 minutes.
Note: For a healthier version, use whole wheat or whole grain loaf bread.