Shrimp Basil with Pasta
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound uncooked pasta, any variety
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Add green onions, tomatoes, basil, butter and remaining olive oil.
- Make a well in the center of skillet. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 3 minutes. Do not stir. When the shrimp are cooked, stir once and cook 1 minute longer.
- Arrange pasta on a serving platter and spoon shrimp and vegetables on top. Sprinkle with salt; toss gently. Top with additional chopped basil, if desired. Serves 6 to 8.
– Sandra Jordan, Graham, N.C.