Shrimp, Asparagus and Brie Pasta
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
These ingredients are a little costly but definitely worth the buy! Perfect when asparagus are in season.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bundle asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta
- 4 ounces Brie cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion, garlic, and asparagus for 3 minutes. Add shrimp and continue cooking until shrimp are done, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions omiting any oil and salt; drain and add to shrimp mixture. Add Brie, oregano and green onions, stirring until Brie is melted.