Shrimp and Ziti Primavera
- Yield 8 servings
This shrimp and pasta dish is well seasoned with Italian spices.
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti (tubular) pasta
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 pound fresh aspaagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain; set aside.
- Heat a large skilled coated with nonstick cooking spray and cook shrimp, garlic and green onions, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Add asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, salt and pepper, red pepper, wine, basil, oregano, and thyme to skillet and continue cooking until shrimp are done and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add pasta, Parmesan and parsley, tossing well.