Shrimp and Tomato Pasta
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
The shrimp and capers make this quick dish special.
- 1 (16-ounce) package angel hair (capellini) pasta
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped Roma (plum) tomatoes (about 6)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute shrimp, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, thyme, basil and oregano over medium heat until shrimp are done, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in mustard, lemon juice, capers, and salt and pepper. Toss with pasta and serve.